VHF MARINE TRANSCEIVER
Fully featured compact marine VHF
- Built-in DSC That Meets RTCM SC-101
- Individual, Group & All Ships Call
- Position Request & Position Report with a Third Party GPS Receiver
- Submersible Construction, Including Microphone (1m depth for 30 minutes*)
- Public Address and RX Speaker Functions
- Simple Operation with Large Buttons
- Simple Tag Scanning Function
- Optional COMMANDMICII™ Provides 2nd Station Capability
- Loud Speaker Audio
*Equivalent to IPX7 of the international standard IEC 60529 (2001).
Built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch 70
(DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. In an emergency situation, a formatted distress call can be sent at the touch of a button.
Digital Selective Calling Features
DSC uses a unique ID (MMSI code) similar to a telephone number, allowing you to make contact with a specific boater or group of boaters in your area. A total of 100 address IDs can be stored with a 5-character name.
Position Request and PositionReport with External GPS Receiver
With an external GPS receiver, the position request and position report functions allow you to exchange ships position. The received position information can be plotted on a third party GPS or other navigation equipment which accepts NMEA data format. The polling (request/reply) function checks whether a specific ship is in the communication range.
New public address (PA) and RX speaker functions
Use the hand microphone as part of a public address system and make an announcement on-board or to shore through an external loud speaker or hailer. The RX speaker function allows you to monitor the received audio from the loud speaker or hailer while you are on the deck or tower.
New optional COMMANDMICII™
The new optional COMMANDMICII™ makes it convenient for using the IC-M422 from a separate cabin or tower. It allows you to control most functions* of the IC-M422, including remote power ON/OFF, PA and RX speaker functions. (*except DSC operation)
Force 5 Audio
The front facing speaker offers loud, crisp reception that is easy to hear, even over engineor wind noise.
The local function turns ON the attenuator and gives you the option to reduce interference from strong stations.
- Submersible* (1m depth for 30 minutes.) Equivalent to IPX7, except cables.
- Large 2-digit channel with scrolling names
- 7-step keypad backlighting
- 4-step LCD contrast
- Dualwatch and Tri-watch functions
- Super white and black versions available.
- Simple and easy tag scanning system
- NOAA weather channels with alert function
- Low voltage indicator for low battery alert
|Frequency Range||136-174 MHz||403-470 MHz|
|Frequency Stability||±2.5 PPM||±2 PPM|
|Channel Spacing||12.5/20/25 kHz||12.5/20/25 kHz|